Mon, Dec 11|
Arbor Hills Annual Holiday Decorations Contest
Time & Location
Dec 11, 2023, 7:00 PM – Dec 24, 2023, 7:00 PM
Madison, Arbor Hills, Madison, WI 53713, USA
About The Event
It's time for the annual holiday decorations contest in Arbor Hills! Judges will drive around the neighborhood in mid-December to choose the jolliest homes based on criteria for unique and creative decor, a storyline or theme, and an eye-catching display. The top winner will receive a $100 cash prize, the second place runner-up will receive a $30 cash prize, and the top three homes will all be recognized in the first AHNA newsletter of 2024. So get out your lights and luminaries, deck your trees with tinsel, and show your holiday spirit!
1. Participation is open to all residents within the boundaries of Arbor Hills: houses, apartments,
2. Entry is free, no cost or fees apply. No forms to fill out.
3. Judges for the contest are not eligible to compete, nor their families or pets.
4. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from
the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
5. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore only those
decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged
from both streets). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
6. Winners agree to have one or more photos of their fantastically decorated residence posted on
the AHNA website and/or published in the AHNA newsletter. Participant agrees there will be no
compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
7. Judging criteria will include:
a. Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations
b. Story line or theme
c. Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.; and
d. Overall presentation.
8. Judging will be done in the evening hours after dark on one night in the middle of the month of
9. The first-place winner will receive $100 from the AHNA, and the second-place winner will
receive $30. Third place will be celebrated for their efforts through an AHNA email, Facebook,
and the newsletter.